Trillium International School's Academic Secondary Programs
The High School program for students entering Grade 9 offers an Ontario Secondary School Diploma in 4 years on successful completion of the program. The program places emphasis on student skills in Math, Language, Science and Computer Technology. Also it promotes responsible citizenship, and is expected to prepare students for success in a highly competitive global economy.
The program offered meets the standards of the Canadian Curriculum in Ontario and upon graduation a student will have earned an Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Students are required to complete 30 credits, 110 hours each to obtain a high school diploma. Eighteen of these credits are compulsory, they are:
- 4 English (one credit per grade)
- 1 French
- 3 Mathematics (at least one in Grade 11 or 12)
- 2 Science Grade 11 or 12 or 1 Computer Technology
- 1 Science Grade 11 or 12 or Grade 9 - 12 computer Technology
- 1 Canadian History
- 1 Canadian Geography
- 1 Arts - music, Drama, Visual Arts
- 1 Pyhsical Education
- 1 English, French, 3rd Language or Social Science of Canadian, World Studies and Trinidad & Tobago
- 1 Civics and Career Studies
- 1 Health and physical Education, Music, Art, Drama, Dance or business Entrepreneurial Studies
The Academic Secondary Programs offer a seamless transition into Colleges and Universities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and the Caribbean.